Influential Women in Business awards, 2019
The Kootenays’ influential women in business were honoured at back-to-back luncheons on May 8 and 9
The call for nominations for Kootenay Business magazine’s first Influential Women in Business list was issued back in the spring of 2012. It was an opportunity for community members to express their appreciation for local businesswomen who are making a contribution and having a positive impact in their communities.
The response was so enthusiastic and the nominees so appreciative for the recognition they received that Kootenay Business has made this an annual event. This year’s roster of nominees included some names we’ve seen on the list before, and many new ones. We thank the community members who took the time to express their appreciation for these businesswomen.
Luncheons were held in Nelson at the Hume Hotel on May 8 and in Cranbrook at the Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort on May 9, to celebrate the women who were nominated for the 2019 list. ScotiaBank was this year’s luncheon sponsor.
The individuals selected for special recognition in 2019 were:
From the West Kootenay region
- Judy Banfield, parenting coach and former owner of Mountain Baby, Nelson
- Simone Comeau-Park, L'Bear's Natural Foods & Supplements, Trail
- Lilina Lysenko, Lysenko Law, Rossland
- Imogen Whale, freelance writer, Revelstoke
From the East Kootenay
- Shawna L'Heureux, Zen Mountain Float + Wellness, Kimberley
- Anna Lamb, Pro-Fitness Gym, Cranbrook
- Coraley Letcher, 5 Gen Construction, Fernie
To all of the nominees, we say, “Congratulations, and thank you for your work and the inspiration you bring to your communities.”