List of community closures across the Kootenay region
Communities across the East and West Kootenays are closing public facilities and recreation centres
Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures. Across the Kootenays, communities are closing public facilities in an effort to keep community members healthy and safe from potential COVID-19 exposure, and to help “flatten the curve” and reduce transmission of the virus to the vulnerable members of our communities.
We have compiled a list of official community closures, organized by East and West Kootenay regions, to help our readers remain informed of updates in their community. To keep track of further closures and updates, please refer to community website links below each listing.
East Kootenay community closures:
All Regional District of East Kootenay offices are closed. Important links, updates and emergency information is available here.
- Village of Canal Flats Office
- Canal Flats Civic Centre and Arena
- Canal Flats Seniors Centre
Refer to the Village of Canal Flats Facebook page for more information.
- The Memorial and Kinsmen arenas
- Western Financial Place including the aquatic centre, racquetball court and walking concourse and all recreation programs
- Cranbrook Public Library
Visit the City of Cranbrook website for potential updates.
- Creston & District Community Centre
- Rotacrest Hall
- Creston Education Centre Gym
- Riondel Community Centre
- Elkford Aquatic Centre
- Elkford Recreation Centre and Conference Centre
- Elkford District Office, Public Works and the Fire Hall closed to the public.
Visit the District of Elkford website for updates.
- Fernie Aquatic Centre
- Fernie Memorial Arena
- Community Centre
Visit the City of Fernie website for updates.
- Mount 7 Rec Plex
- All Town of Golden public programs will be on hold.
- The Golden Arena has already been closed for the season.
Refer to the City of Golden website for further updates.
- Eddie Mountain Memorial Arena
- District of Invermere Office
- Invermere Fire Hall closed to the public
Please refer to the District of Invermere Facebook page for further updates.
- Civic Centre
- Marysville Arena
- Kimberley Aquatic Centre
Visit the City of Kimberley website for further information and updates.
Radium Hot Springs:
- Radium Hot Springs Public Library
- Radium Hot Springs Centre
Refer to the Village of Radium Hot Springs website for more information.
- Henry Volkmann Memorial Leisure Complex
Check the District of Sparwood website for updates.
West Kootenay community closures:
All Regional District of Central Kootenay offices are closed. Important links, updates and emergency information is available here.
- Castlegar & District Community Complex
- Castlegar Seniors Centre
- Pioneer Arena
- Castlegar & District Public Library
Further information is available on the City of Castlegar website.
- Grand Forks & District Aquatic Centre
- Jack Goddard Memorial Arena
- Grand Forks & District Public Library
- Grand Forks Curling Club
See the City of Grand Forks website for further updates.
- Nakusp Hot Springs
- Nakusp & District Sports Complex
- Centennial Building
- Nakusp Village Office
Please visit the Village of Nakusp website for community updates.
- Nelson & District Community Complex
- Nelson Civic Arena
- Nelson Public Library
Further updates on restrictions and information is available on the City of Nelson website.
- Revelstoke Community & Aquatic Centre
- Revelstoke Forum
- Revelstoke Museum
The City of Revelstoke will be providing further information and updates as they become available.
- Rossland City Hall
- Miners Hall and Rossland Arena
- Rossland Library and Museum
See the City of Rossland website for further information.
- Trail Aquatic and Leisure Centre
- Trail Riverfront Centre
- Trail Memorial Centre
- Willi Krause Fieldhouse
Check the City of Trail website for further updates and information.
- Salmo & District Fitness Centre
- Village of Salmo Office
Please visit the Village of Salmo website for updates.