Creston’s independent grocer is now offering online grocery shopping
Brian and Julia Pealow are continuing to revamp the shopping scene in Creston. The couple bought the Extra Foods store and rebranded it to Pealow’s Your Independent Grocer in 2017.
The enterprising couple added new products, equipment and staff. With 130 employees, Pealow’s is now one of Creston’s largest employers.
Beginning in January, they are offering customers the convenience of online grocery shopping.
Customers simply go online to open an account and place their orders, then select a pickup time. When they arrive at the store, their order is brought out to their vehicle in minutes. Payment can be done online when the order is placed or at pickup time with a mobile point-of-sale machine.
Why spend precious time on a weekly grocery store visit? Here are some of the benefits of online grocery shopping:
- Browse for groceries when it is most convenient, even if it’s 4 a.m.
- Shop by history, which means items you purchase weekly or often are already waiting in your shopping cart
- Keep track of your grocery bill as you are adding items to your cart to prevent overspending on a tight budget
- Waste less time going up and down the grocery aisles, especially when you have to circle back because you forgot something in aisle 4
- Avoid cashier lines
- Avoid multiple trips to the store when you forgot one item. You can add items to your cart up until the day of purchase
- Limit impulse purchases, which can help your wallet and your waistline
- Prevent kids or the spouse from sneaking items into the cart
Although the Pealows love seeing their customers in the store, they realize people like saving time in their busy lives.