Fifteen coffee roasters/producers in Kootenay Region
It's National Coffee Day on September 29 - celebrate with a cup of java from one of these Kootenay-based purveyors.
National Coffee Day is Thursday, September 29th. So I guess I'll have to set aside my traditional cup of tea and join in the celebration with a steaming cup of coffee. National Coffee Day did get us thinking about who's roasting and producing coffee in the Kootenays. Of course, Kicking Horse Coffee in Invermere is the granddaddy of all producers with sales in the 10's of millions of dollars range and selling in outlets across North America.
Here's a list of coffee roasters/producers we know about in the Kootenay/Columbia region:
1. Kicking Horse Coffee—Invermere
2. Oso Negro Coffee—Nelson
3. Steam Donkey Coffee—Kimberley
4. Kootenay Roasting Company—Cranbrook
5. Kootenay Coffee Company—Nelson
6. Hardy Mountain Roasters—Grand Forks
7. Seven Summits Coffee Company—Warfield (Trail)
8. Kaslo Beaning Roasting—Kaslo
9. Stoke Roasted Coffee Company—Revelstoke
10. Bean Bag Coffee Roasters—Golden
11. Zaltana Coffee Roasters—Sparwood/Elkford
12. Rooftop Coffee Roasters—Fernie
13. Crowsnest Coffee Company—(Blairmore/Crowsnest Pass)
14. Beanpod Chocolate Gelato and Coffee —Fernie
15. Stolen Church Coffee Co.—Invermere
Make today a great day by celebrating National Coffee Day and enjoy a locally produced cup of java at your local coffee purveyor.
It is somewhat inevitable that we missed a Kootenay-based coffee producer on this list, so if we have please let us know—we would be happy to add it to the list. Just email [email protected]