Castlegar: Who’s who in business
Information about business in Castlegar, B.C. - including contacts, award winners and listings.
With its central West Kootenay location, Castlegar, B.C., is positioned as the commercial service centre of the region. The West Kootenay Regional Airport sees 70,000 passenger movements a year while education, retail and the lumber industry help the city thrive.
City of Castlegar
Castlegar offers attractive lifestyle options with an abundance of outdoor activities and a friendly, small-city feel.
The Castlegar city council regularly meets on the first and third Monday of each month, with a summer recess during July and August.
Mayor: Lawrence Chernoff
- Councillor Dan Rye
- Councillor Deb McIntosh
- Councillor Florio Vassilakakis
- Councillor Bruno Tassone
- Councillor Kevin Chernoff
- Councillor Sue Heaton-Sherstobitoff
Economic development contact:
- John Malcolm, chief administrative officer: 250-365-4810
One-on-one with the Mayor
Lawrence Chernoff has returned as the mayor of Castlegar, bringing his upbeat outlook back to the city for a fourth term.Read full article
Every year Kootenay Business lists the Top 110 employers in the Kootenays. With a number of key sectors that serve the region, Castlegar had a number of companies and organizations on the list for 2014.
- Zellstoff Celgar Limited Partnership (444)
- Selkirk College (353)
- International Forest Products Limited (300)
- Kalesnikoff Lumber Co. Ltd. (135)
- Canada Safeway (109)
- Certified Coating Specialists Inc. (70)
- Canadian Tire (51)
- Columbia Power Corporation (42)
- Columbia Basin Trust (42)
- Heritage Credit Union (33)
- Glacier Honda (20)
Do you own a business in Castlegar? We'd like to hear more about you. Please contact us if you're a successful long-time business owner in the area, or if you think you would qualify as a top employer in the Kootenays.