Castlegar & District Chamber of Commerce
Find out more about Castlegar's chamber, and what it does for the community.
The stated mission of the Castlegar & District Chamber of Commerce is “To be the strongest voice for local business, encouraging a climate that enables our communities to prosper.” Chamber executive director Tammy Verigin-Burk said that the chamber’s main focus is to support business retention, growth and succession planning.
With that focus in mind, the chamber works in partnership with the City of Castlegar and the Regional District with an eye to sustainable development, growth of the business community and improved quality of life for all residents.
The Castlegar & District Chamber of Commerce has been the voice for business in the area since 1946. Today, the chamber continues to work for members and local business, providing benefits for the entire community.
Year established: 1946
Address: 1995 - 6th Ave., Castlegar, B.C. V1N 4W3
Office hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday
Year founded: 1946
Number of members: 280
Cost of annual membership: $105 to $507, depending on number of employees and whether it’s a for-profit business or other.
Annual events sponsored: West Kootenay Trade Show in April, Business Walk in May, Business Excellence Awards in October, AGM wine & cheese event in December
Ongoing events held for members: Monthly Business After Business
Executive director: Tammy Verigin-Burk: 1-877-365-6313
Current president: Jane Charest
Executive assistant, membership manager, events co-ordinator: Anna Kaytor
General chamber contact info:
2017 Chamber Business Excellence Awards recipients:
- Business Person of the Year: Chris and Kathy Sykes, Tim Hortons. Sponsor, Columbia Power Corp.
- Business Excellence: Pinnace Professional Accounting. Sponsor, Heritage Credit Union
- Customer Service Excellence: Undercover Secrets. Sponsor, Fortis BC
- Green Award: Selkirk College. Sponsor, Zellstoff Celgar Ltd.
- Professional Services: Head 2 Toe Holistic Health. Sponsor: Kootenay Savings Credit Union
- Contractor of the Year: WSA Engineering. Sponsor, Teck Metals Ltd.
- Tourism Development: Millennium Park. Sponsor, Destination Castlegar
- Young Entrepreneur: Kyle Johnston Family Tree ardenine. Sponsor: Kalawsky Chev, Buick, GMC<
- Community Social Award: Castlegar Harvest Food Bank. Sponsot Dr. Sandy Battista
- Home Based Business: Kim's Creations; Sponsor, EZ Rock
- Restaurant Award: Lions Head Pub. Sponsor, Dr. Sandy Battista
- Manager of the year: Andrea Foley, Boston Pizza. Sponsor, Castlegar & District Chamber of Commerce
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Oglow's Paint & Walolcoverings Ltd. Sponsor, City of Castlegar