Good news for Sparwood real estate
Real estate agent Tammie Davy predicts a rise in property investment in the Elk Valley
Tammie Davy, a real estate agent and professional property manager in Sparwood, B.C., has been in the real estate business for almost seven years. She said she and her husband fell in love with the area on a camping trip, and promptly moved here.
Davy, who is a Realtor with Remax Elk Valley Realty, has seen the ups and downs of the market in the last few years, and said she thinks it is improving.
“We finally began to see an increase in investment and recreational properties in 2012,” said Davy. “The projection is that 2013, 2014 and 2015 will be strong for real estate—many of the baby boomers are retiring and relocating.”
Davy said that combined with all the investment activity in the area—including the possibility of a new mine—there should be a demand for more housing.
There are new housing developments in Fernie, Sparwood and Elkford.
“We are looking forward to a prosperous few years,” said Davy.
Top ten tips when buying recreational property in the Elk Valley
1. Get to know the Elk Valley before you buy.
2. Get pre-approved.
3. Decide what property suits you best.
4. Choose a knowledgeable real estate agent.
5. Get current information about the real estate market.
6. Have a professional home inspection.
7. Consider whether you want to use your property as a revenue property as well.
8. Make a plan for routine upkeep and maintenance.
9. Consider what you want to do with the property long term.
10. View your new property in person before you buy.