Podcast—Cranbrook Real Estate Trends: Getting Ready to Buy or Sell This Spring in Cranbrook
Jason Wheeldon, one of Cranbrook's leading realtors, provides insight into real estate trends in Cranbrook.
Jason Wheeldon, one of Cranbrook's leading realtors, provides insight into real estate trends in Cranbrook. In this Podcast he discusses:
#1 - The Cranbrook real estate market is paralleling last year's market, and March is showing a 10% increase in sales. Jason anticipates home building will continue to increase with a possible 45 to 60 homes being constructed in Cranbrook in 2017.
#2 - How to prevent water seepage: With the water table being high in Cranbrook this spring here are some good suggestions to prevent or minimize water damage:
- Clear away any snowbanks from near your house.
- Make sure gutters and drains direct water away from the house.
- Have a sump pump installed in your basement.
- Make sure your current sump pump is working properly and properly maintained.
- Consult a plumbing expert to prevent major water problems.
#3 - Anticipates 125 to 150 new listings on the market in 2017—125 or more will be absorbed by market quite quickly, so a shortage of homes on the market (supply) will continue to be a factor once again.
#4 - As a leading commercial realtor in Cranbrook Jason Wheeldon suggests:
- Assembling a good team of professionals to help your commercial transaction move forward.
- Remember that selling a commercial property is more complex and generally takes anywhere from 6 to 18 months.
- Business owners who plan to sell should have a 3 year transition strategy in place.
#5 - Tips on getting your house or property ready for sale this spring:
- A fresh coat of paint will do wonders.
- De-clutter the home
- Enhance its street appeal
- Give the home and property a thorough spring clean up
Thank you to Jason Wheeldon for sharing his insight—don't miss this month's Cranbrook Real Estate Podcast. Jason Wheeldon is a realtor with Royal LePage East Kootenay Realty in Cranbrook and has over 23 years of experience in the real estate market.