Trail & District Chamber of Commerce
Everything you need to know about the Trail & District Chamber of Commerce on one handy page.
In place for over a century, the Trail and District Chamber of Commerce is member focused and strives to engage the community through leadership, support and adaptability.
Executive Director: Ed Attridge; 250-368-3144; [email protected]
President: Doug Jones
When founded: 1900, as Trail Board of Trade
Number of members: 240
Annual membership cost: $56.65 to $3,830; most come in below $250.
Chamber website: trailchamber.bc.ca
Office contact: 250-368-3144 or 1-844-368-3144; [email protected]
Address: 200 - 1199 Bay Ave, Trail, BC V1R 4A4
Office hours: 9 - 5 Monday to Friday with extended hours in July and August.
- AGM and member appreciation event in March
- Business Excellence Awards
Key events sponsored by the chamber:
- Kootenay Healthy Lifestyle Expo in early May
Ongoing events for members:
- Monthly business-after-business networking gatherings for members and non-members
- Chamber week in February: speaker series called lunch-and-learn
2019 Trail & District Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Award Winners
The Trail & District Chamber of Commerce holds its annual Business Excellence Awards gala in October. The 2019 award recipients are listed below.
- Business Person of the Year – Danny Ferraro (Ferraro Foods)
- Employer of the Year – Royal Theatre
- Emerging Entrepreneur Award – Danielle Abenante (Sprinkles + Rose Homebakes)
- Excellence Under 40 Award – Charlotte Truant (Lota Love Photography)
- Tourism Award – Trail Beer Refinery
- Go Green Award – Happy Hills Farm
- Community Impact Award – Ferraro Foods
- Customer Service Award – Royal Theatre
- Professional Service Award – Movin' Mountains Therapy Services
- Retail Award – Country Roads General Store
- Business of the Year – West Kootenay EcoSociety