Kimberley & District Chamber of Commerce
Everything you need to know about the Kimberley & District Chamber of Commerce on one handy page.
The Kimberley & District Chamber of Commerce takes a leadership role in promoting the development, growth and prosperity of businesses in the community. Through educational and social events, annual awards and community service, the chamber of commerce supports an inclusive, healthy and successful business community.
The board believes it is crucial to represent and have representation from all businesses in the community. It encourages an increase in the chamber’s membership numbers in order to increase the relevance and power of the chamber’s influence with municipal administration.
Kimberley & District Chamber of Commerce stats:
- Manager: none at present
- President: Brian Sondergaard
- How many members: 131
- When established: 1923
- Cost of annual membership: $150+GST
Key annual events sponsored by the chamber:
- Kimberley & Region Business Expo
- Kimberley Business Excellence Awards
- Platzl Light Up for the holiday season
- Annual General Meeting
- Winter Market
- Canada Day celebrations
- JulyFest (parade, Kids Fest, Canadian Bocce Championships, concert)
- Golf Tournament
List of current business happenings and initiatives:
- Business-after-business networking, usually the third Thursday of each month
- Working with Imagine Kootenay to promote businesses investment
- Information sessions and workshops that focus on business practices, legislation affecting small and medium businesses, and best practices.
Kimberley & District Chamber of Commerce contact info
- Website: www.kimberleychamber.com
- Phone: 250-427-3666;
- Email: [email protected]
- Location: 253 Wallinger Ave., Kimberley, B.C.
- Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Kimberley Business Excellence Awards, 2019
The Kimberley Business Excellence Awards Gala was held on October 4, 2019.
- Employer of the Year: Pedal & Tap
- Environmental Stewardship Excellence: Full-Fill Zero Waste Market
- Employee of the Year: Deb Myson, Kimberley Medical Clinic
- Hospitality Excellence: Old Bauernhaus Restaurant
- Trades Business of the Year: Sommer Electric
- Kimberley & District Chamber Member of the Year: Erin Thompson & Brian Sondergaard, Kimberley Kritters Pet Boutique
- Stan Salikin Community Impact Award: Dr. Ilona Hale & Marina Stropky, Healthy Kimberley
- Youth Friendly Business: Spirit Rock Climbing Centre
- Business of the Year: Bavarian Home Hardware
- Marketing and Media Business of the Year: Go Kimberley
- Tourism Excellence Award: Go Kimberley
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Jill Bentley-Lobban, Full-Fill Zero Waste Market
- Home Business of the Year: Joanna Sleik, K9 Rehab
- The Keystone Award: Kimberley Centex Market
- The Rising Star Award: Krista & Randy Moody, Moody Bee
- The Healthy Kimberley Award: Creekside Physiotherapy