Creston Valley Chamber of Commerce
Creston's chamber is dedicated to the prosperity of local businesses.
The Creston Valley Chamber of Commerce supports businesses in Creston and its surrounding communities. Originally formed as the Creston Board of Trade in 1935, the organization underwent its most recent name change in 2009. Today it works throughout the year to advocate for local businesses across a variety of industries. The chamber shares space with the Creston Visitor Centre at 121 Northwest Blvd. (Hwy 3).
Creston Valley Chamber stats:
- Acting Manager: Brenda Brucker
- President: Scott Veitch
- Number of members: 172
- When established: 1935 as the Creston Board of Trade; CVCC in 2009
- Cost of annual membership: $60. to $400.
- Chamber website
- Address: 121 Northwest Boulevard, Creston, B.C. V0B 1G0
- Hours of operation: Open 12 to 5 Monday through Thursday. Closed Friday through Sunday and statutory holidays.
- Contact: [email protected]; 250-428-5151
Key annual events sponsored or supported by the Chamber - cancelled due to Covid 19
2020 Chamber Business Excellence Awards:
Each year, the Creston Valley Chamber of Commerce hands out awards for business excellence in the community. This year's awards were held in February. The recipients are:
- Business Excellence Award: Pealow's Your Independent Grocer
- Best Agricultural Business: Wloka Farms
- Best in Hospitality and Tourism: Jimmy's Pub and Grill
- Best in Arts and Culture: Footlighters Theatre Society
- Best in Trade and Services: Comfort Welding
- Best in Customer Service: Save-On-Foods
- Best in Professional Services: Mann and Vander Heide, Notaries Public
- Best Real Estate Agent: Jamie Wall
- Best Employer: Pealow's Your Independent Grocer
- Best Home-based Business: Lark Coffee Roasters
- Best Non-profit: Creston Valley Gleaners Society
Every year Kootenay Business lists the Top 110 employers in the Kootenays. In addition to forestry, the agriculture industry is an important part of job creation in Creston, and it contributes to tourism as well. In this area, agriculture consists mostly of independent farmers and small-scale operations.
Here is a list of the top employers, based on the number of employees, in Creston:
- Columbia Brewery (143)
- J.H. Huscroft (85)
- Save-On-Foods (64)