Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce—key people, events and award winners
Everything you need to know about the Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce on one handy page.
The Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce, home to the Visitor Information Centre, is located at 2279 Cranbrook Street North, in the city of Cranbrook, B.C.
The Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce is a member-based business advocacy organization. With almost 500 members, the chamber of commerce is the business organization of choice in Cranbrook. As the voice of business, the chamber represents local businesses and advances the economy at the local, provincial, national and international level.
Helen Barron, executive director of the Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce, highlights new programs implemented amidst the COVID-19 pandemicRead full article
Cranbrook chamber stats:
- Executive Director: Helen Barron
- President: Christine Hoeschmann
- Members: 450
- Established: 1910
- Annual Membership: $240 - $857, depending on number of employees
- Website: cranbrookchamber.com
- Address: 2279 Cranbrook St N, Cranbrook, BC V1C 3T3
- Contact: 250-426-5914 or [email protected]
- Hours of operation: 8:30 to 4:30, Monday through Friday
The office is staffed by Helen Barron, Executive Director; Emma Inman, Marketing Coordinator and Visitor Services Manager; Jordan MacDonald, Membership Engagement Co-Ordinator and Laura Kennedy, Bookkeeper.
Key events sponsored by the Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce
- Business Excellence Awards – Awards gala in April
- November Turkey Drive – Supports the Salvation Army and Cranbrook food bank
- Membership luncheons - Monthly except July and August
- Business After Hours networking events hosted by Chamber members: Network - Nosh - Sip
- Grand opening/ribbon-cutting ceremonies
Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce 2022 Business Excellence Award winners
The 2022 Business Excellence awards were celebrated on April 2, 2022. The award recipients were:
- Business Person of the Year: Heidi Romich
- New Business of the Year: Twisted Peaks Frozen Yogurt
- Business of the Year, 1-15 employees: Sweet Gestures Chocolate Shoppe
- Business of the Year, 16+ employees: The Heid Out Restaurant & Fisher Peak Brewing Co.
- Non-Profit Organization of the Year: Operation Street Angel
- Inclusive Employer of the Year: Kootenay Computer
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Two Birds Deli - Marina Stropky & Maraih Tarasoff
- Age-Friendly Business of the Year: Pharmasave
- Hospitality & Tourism Excellence: Ella's Cafe
- Business to Business Excellence:Artistic Media Productions (AMP)
- Professional Services Excellence: The Hearing Loss Clinic
- Retail Excellence: The Paw Shop
- Customer Service Excellence: M&M Market