Castlegar & District Chamber of Commerce
Find out more about Castlegar's chamber, and what it does for the community.
The stated mission of the Castlegar & District Chamber of Commerce is “To be the strongest voice for local business, encouraging a climate that enables our communities to prosper.” Chamber executive director Tammy Verigin-Burk said that the chamber’s main focus is to support business retention, growth and succession planning.
With that focus in mind, the chamber works in partnership with the City of Castlegar and the Regional District with an eye to sustainable development, growth of the business community and improved quality of life for all residents.
The Castlegar & District Chamber of Commerce has been the voice for business in the area since 1946. Today, the chamber continues to work for members and local business, providing benefits for the entire community.
Year established: 1946
Address: 1995 - 6th Ave., Castlegar, B.C. V1N 4W3
Office hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday
Year founded: 1946
Number of members: 280
Cost of annual membership: $105 to $507, depending on number of employees and whether it’s a for-profit business or other.
Annual events sponsored: West Kootenay Trade Show in April, Business Walk in May, Business Excellence Awards in October, AGM wine & cheese event in December
Ongoing events held for members: Monthly Business After Business
Executive director: Tammy Verigin-Burk: 1-877-365-6313
Current president: Derek Kittson
Executive assistant, membership manager, events co-ordinator: Anna Kaytor
General chamber contact info:
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.castlegar.com
- Phone: 250-365-6313
2020 Chamber Business Excellence Awards:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there were no Business Excellence Awards given out by the Castlegar & District Chamber of Commerce for 2020.
2019 Chamber Business Excellence Awards:
Each year, the Castlegar & District Chamber of Commerce hands out awards for business excellence in the community. Last year's awards were held in mid-June 2019. The recipients are:
- Business Person of the Year: Carly Hadfield and Troy Pyett, Lion's Head Smoke & Brew Pub
- Business Excellence: Castlegar Toyota
- Customer Service Excellence: Mother Natures
- Green Award: Selkirk College
- Professional Services: Arrow Lake Veterinary Hospital
- Contractor of the Year: PNT Contracting
- Tourism Development: Communities in Bloom
- Young Entrepreneur: Adam Pomeroy, Cycology Bikes Inc.
- Community Social Award: Castlegar Hospice Society
- Home Based Business: Rest Assured Kootenay Floats
- Restaurant Award: The Wandering Greek Oven
- Manager of the year: Brian Bogle, Safeway
- Innovator of the Year: Conquer the Kootenay Escape Room
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Mother Natures