Castlegar & District Chamber of Commerce
Find out more about Castlegar's chamber, and what it does for the community.
The stated mission of the Castlegar & District Chamber of Commerce is “To be the strongest voice for local business, encouraging a climate that enables our communities to prosper.” Chamber executive director Tammy Verigin-Burk said that the chamber’s main focus is to support business retention, growth and succession planning.
With that focus in mind, the chamber works in partnership with the City of Castlegar and the Regional District with an eye to sustainable development, growth of the business community and improved quality of life for all residents.
Derrek Kittson, President of the Castlegar Chamber of Commerce, is excited about a new Chamber building and upgraded infrastructure on Columbia AvenueRead full article
The Castlegar & District Chamber of Commerce has been the voice for business in the area since 1946. Today, the chamber continues to work for members and local business, providing benefits for the entire community.
Year established: 1946
Address: 1995 - 6th Ave., Castlegar, B.C. V1N 4W3
Office hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday
Year founded: 1946
Number of members: 280
Cost of annual membership: $105 to $507, depending on number of employees and whether it’s a for-profit business or other.
Annual events sponsored: West Kootenay Trade Show in April, Business Walk in May, Business Excellence Awards in October, AGM wine & cheese event in December
Ongoing events held for members: Monthly Business After Business
Executive director: Tammy Verigin-Burk: 1-877-365-6313
Current president: Derek Kittson
Executive assistant, membership manager, events co-ordinator: Anna Kaytor
General chamber contact info:
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.castlegar.com
- Phone: 250-365-6313
2021 Chamber Business Excellence Awards:
The Castlegar & District Chamber of Commerce hands out awards for business excellence in the community. The recipients are:
- Business Person of the Year: Collin Ludwar - Affolter Financial Group Inc./Assante Financial Management Ltd.
- Business Excellence: Sun Life Financial/Assiduity Financial Solutions Inc.
- Customer Service Excellence: Humble Bean Coffee Co.
- Green Award: Tailout Brewing
- Professional Services: Head 2 Toe Holistic Health Clinic
- Contractor of the Year: PNT Contracting
- Tourism Development: Castlegar Sculpturewalk
- Young Entrepreneur: Hedin Nelson-Chorney
- Community Social Award: Habitat for Humanity – Castlegar Restore/Habitat for Humanity
- Home Based Business: Into the Wild Off Leash Adventures
- Restaurant Award: The Lion’s Head Smoke & Brew Pub
- Manager of the year: Shaun Bates, The Lion’s Head Smoke & Brew Pub
- Innovator of the Year: Kalesnikoff Lumber Co. Ltd.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Ernie's Used Auto Parts
- The Board of Directors Choice Award: Mallard’s Source for Sports