Career BUZZ: Top Jobs in the Kootenays - April 13 issue
Kootenay Business has selected 10 career opportunities from leading companies throughout the region to feature as our Top Jobs of the week. Want to give your employment opportunities a boost? List them on the Kootenays #1 Career newsletter. We really promote your jobs! For more info contact [email protected]
Human Resources Generalist—Four-Year Term, Full Time Position
Would you like to join our Team?
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist provides management, consultation, interpretation, guidance, coordination, facilitation, administration and valuation of the functions, policies, systems, processes and practices that support the Organization’s human resources. This position will create policies and procedures that align with the culture of the Organization and its mission and vision statements. It covers HR functions including policy development and interpretation, recruitment, position management, benefits, compensation, performance management and employee relations.
This position supports opportunities for growth and development of human capacity, while ensuring the human resource needs of the organization are met in the job positions and individuals in those positions.
The HR Generalist is a resource to employees and management and is responsible and accountable to the Chief Operating Officer. This position, by its very function, holds confidential corporate and personal information and is obligated to protect that information.
Key contributions are:
- Develop, implement and manage policies and procedures that are compliant with Canada Labour Code and reflect our values, vision and strategic plan, ensuring consistency and equity of administration.
- Provide advice and guidance to ensure consistency and compliance; and minimize organizational liabilities.
- Support and facilitate the recruitment, retention, professional development, performance management and succession processes.
- To function with ethics, integrity and consistency of policy interpretation and application.
- To maintain human resource files; personal privacy and confidentiality meeting all legislated requirements.
Training, Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree (ie: social sciences, commerce (HR) or business management), or Workshops, seminars and courses specific to human resources (benefits, compensation, recruitment, training and development, labour code/labour standards, etc.), or Certified Human Resources Practitioner
- Affiliation to a Human Resource Association.
- Five years of experience as an HR Generalist/Manager
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of the Canada and BC Labour Standards
- Communication: reading, writing, oral, presentations, strong vocabulary, listening
- Interpersonal: listening, observation, non-judgement, understanding, caring, compassion, resilient
- Adaptability and flexibility: resourceful to seek creative solutions.
- Problem solving skills coupled with analytical abilities that enable consideration of details and complexities of issues while achieving results.
- Interpretation: perception, discernment, discrimination, appropriate procedures, choices, balance of information and factors, judiciousness, fairness, honesty, integrity, with courage to stand up for opinion
- Integrity, ethics; ability to consistently maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Willing to undergo a criminal record check
- First Nations and indigenous cultural awareness and sensitivity is preferred
- Knowledge of Ktunaxa culture, language, traditions and values would be an asset
To view the full job description, please go to: www.aqam.net (located under Employment and Contract Opportunities). Salary to commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Jodi Gravelle, Chief Operating Officer
7470 Mission Road
Cranbrook, BC, V1C 7E5
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: Ongoing. Thank you to all that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Looking for a summer ranch hand who is ambitious and excited to learn and experience extensive ranching in the Columbia Valley. A positive mental attitude is a must, along with the willingness to "dig in and get dirty!" Tasks include animal husbandry, forage harvesting, irrigation, and land management. Apply: [email protected]
Millwork Project Manager—Revelstoke
As a Project Manager you will be reporting directly to the General Manager/Office Manager. This position is responsible for assisting with the overall project performance and coordinate direction for each project. Minimum of 5 years project management experience in a fast-paced professional environment. Email: [email protected]
Bus Drivers and Mechanic—Elkford
The position is a split shift driving to and from mine sites in the Elk Valley. We currently have 3 full-time positions that offer medical and MSP after a probation period. You will be required to pre-trip and post-trip your bus, be able to follow maps and directions, pick up and drop off passengers throughout Elkford. Extreme winter driving conditions experience necessary. Also, full-time mechanic position taking care of a fleet of buses. You will be responsible for ensuring buses are in mechanical order and that they exceed DOT expectations. Apply: [email protected]
Auto body Painter—Nelson
Automotive refinisher prepper, PPG water born refinish product knowledge, team player for busy West Kootenay auto body shop. Apply: [email protected]
Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of a restaurant and bar. Determine type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures; set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance; control inventory, monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices; resolve customer complaints and ensure health and safety regulations are followed; negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies; oversee staff training. Apply: [email protected]
Client Service Professional—Cranbrook
Koocanusa Publications Incorporated (KPI) Media is looking for an energetic individual who is an excellent communicator and strong team player. This Client Service Professional position involves working directly with a client base of small and large business owners, agents, and marketing managers who are located throughout the East and West Kootenay region—helping them maximize their print and Internet advertising, marketing, and promotion. Apply to:
This role is ideally suited to someone who is a mature team player and enjoys working with people. The position is part-time evening shifts including weekends and holidays, it could become a full-time position to the appropriate applicant. Apply in person, 9 am - 4 pm, Monday to Friday at The Great Canadian Liquor Warehouse, Willowbrook Drive, Cranbrook.
RiverBase Operations Crew—Golden
The RiverBase team will be responsible for the daily maintenance and cleaning of the RiverBase facility as well as assisting in the smooth operation of the rafting trips. Duties include: preparing the RiverBase for the daily rafting trips, vehicle preparation, cleaning, light general maintenance (painting, etc.) & guest registration, customer service, trip sales and operating the retail shop and trip radio. Also seeking shuttle driver/tour guide/photographer. Apply to: Ted Bilton - [email protected]
Security guards required at a number of job sites located around the Invermere and Windermere areas. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays starting May long weekend through until September long weekend. Day and night shifts available. Apply: [email protected]