Career BUZZ: ‘Best of’ Top Jobs in the Kootenays - September 1 issue
Here is a selection of the 10 'Best Of' top jobs Kootenay Business has featured on Career Buzz over the last six weeks. (Disclaimer: Some of these jobs may have been filled, please check with the employers before applying). Want to give your employment opportunities a boost? List them on the Kootenays #1 Career newsletter. We really promote your jobs! For more info contact [email protected]
Maintenance Supervisor—Can-Filters Group Inc.
We are looking for a permanent full-time Maintenance Supervisor to join our fast-paced, energetic team in Nelson, B.C., Monday thru Friday. Can Filters Group Inc. is a Canadian manufacturer and distributor of quality air filtration products servicing North and South America.
You will be responsible for the maintenance of the production equipment and the supervision of the maintenance team while providing an organized and safe working environment.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a maintenance setting with industrial equipment, tool & parts management.
- Strong work ethic and ability to motivate team with positive outcomes.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal in English.
- Ability to comprehend and adhere to Worksafe regulations as required.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Millwright apprentice considered an asset.
Job Overview and Expectations:
- Support manufacturing departments while establishing and implementing preventative and operational maintenance and repairs.
- Schedule maintenance crew and/or any required trades to minimize interruption to production promptly; and develop working plan and sketches.
- Ensure quality of repairs.
- Work closely with Management, Research and Development, Manufacturing and Accounting departments and stay within budget.
- Research and order spare parts.
- Assist in performance reviews.
To apply for this job opportunity please send your resume to [email protected]
Castlegar and District Economic Development Manager
The Economic Development Manager will perform key marketing strategies, public relations and projects that will sustain and build a thriving, resilient economy for Castlegar and District areas.
Expectations of the successful applicant include:
- Develop, implement and facilitate marketing strategies, projects and programs that compliment current stakeholder strategic goals and enhance sustainability and growth for the City of Castlegar and District Businesses and Community.
- Thorough experience in statistical reporting and evaluation of all initiatives and activities.
- Establish and maintain strategic and productive stakeholder relationships and engagement.
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of Castlegar and District in order to successfully market to potential investors/entrepreneurs.
- A University Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Commerce, and Economics, Leadership or other related area of study or designation.
- Minimum of five years of direct economic development practitioner experience.
For more information please go to: www.castlegar.com. This position is housed within the Castlegar and District Chamber of Commerce overseen by the Castlegar and District Economic Development Steering Committee. This is a 2.5 year term contracted position with a probationary period.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume to the attention of CDED Steering Committee, [email protected] by 4 pm PST, September 20th, 2017. (We thank you for your interest in this position however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted).
Client Service Professional—Cranbrook
Koocanusa Publications Incorporated (KPI) Media is looking for an energetic individual who is an excellent communicator and strong team player. This Client Service Professional position involves working directly with a client base of small and large business owners, agents, and marketing managers who are located throughout the East and West Kootenay region—helping them maximize their print and Internet advertising, marketing, and promotion. Apply to: [email protected]
Some responsibilities: Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures; Maintain the processing plant’s stationary equipment; Install, inspect and repair of mechanical and hydraulic components. View more details and apply at http://www.teck.com/careers/
Senior Human Resource Advisor—Castlegar
We are seeking applicants for the position of Senior Human Resource Advisor. About the job: Interpret and administer the collective agreement and employee policies and procedures; Apply labour relations knowledge to solve issues arising in a unionized work environment; Provide a dedicated HR advisory service in relation to absence and disability management/health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change and the full range of employment and employee relations matters. Send your resume in confidence to [email protected]
Commercial delivery/truck driver—Castlegar
Overland West in Castlegar is currently looking for a full-time, Class 1 operator for local deliveries. Please attach your drivers abstract to your resume. Christie or Derek, 250-304-6888
Front Desk Agent—Ainsworth Hot Springs
Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort has a position available for someone with great people skills and who is comfortable in an office setting. Proficient typing/computer skills, pleasant phone manners and ability to work with others is required. This year round job offers a competitive wage and benefit package. Apply in person or by email to: [email protected]
Bookstore: Assistant Store Manager—Kimberley
Demonstrate and lead with exceptional customer service, create human resources and training manuals and processes, purchasing and researching of inventory, yearly and monthly marketing plans including social media, and merchandising of books and products. Closing Date: September 1, 2017. View job posting for details.
Experienced line cooks—Kaslo
The Kaslo Hotel is hiring immediately for our busy summer season. Paying up to $16/hr with a summer bonus incentive. Apply in person with resume or email resume to [email protected]
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we're growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success. What you’ll do: Preventive maintenance and repair of mill maintenance and kiln hot oil systems equipment; Install machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings, using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools. This position has varied shifts (3 shift rotation and/or weekend shift). Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers