Trail & District Chamber of Commerce
Everything you need to know about the Trail & District Chamber of Commerce on one handy page.
In place for over a century, the Trail and District Chamber of Commerce is member focused and strives to engage the community through leadership, support and adaptability.
Executive Director: Audry Durham; 250-368-3144; [email protected]
President: Doug Jones
When founded: 1900, as Trail Board of Trade
Number of members: 240
Annual membership cost: $56.65 to $3,830; most come in below $250.
Chamber website: trailchamber.bc.ca
Office contact: 250-368-3144 or 1-844-368-3144; [email protected]
Address: 200 - 1199 Bay Ave, Trail, BC V1R 4A4
Office hours: 9 - 5 Monday to Friday with extended hours in July and August.
- AGM and member appreciation event in March
- Business Excellence Awards
Key events sponsored by the chamber:
- Kootenay Healthy Lifestyle Expo in early May
Ongoing events for members:
- Monthly business-after-business networking gatherings for members and non-members
- Chamber week in February: speaker series called lunch-and-learn
2018 Trail & District Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Award Winners
Dan Ashman heads up AM Ford, and was Trail's Business Person of the Year for 2017. - Dan Caverly photo
The Trail & District Chamber of Commerce holds its annual Business Excellence Awards gala in October. The 2018 award recipients are listed below.
- Business Person of the Year – Petri Raito (Rossland Beer Company)
- Employer of the Year – Selkirk Security Services (William & Stacey Trowell)
- Emerging Entrepreneur Award – Alicia Gray (Bombshack Apparel)
- Excellence Under 40 Award – Kenny White (Kenny White Contracting)
- Tourism Award – Trail Smoke Eaters
- Go Green Award – Luca Hair & Esthetics (Krista Gaudry Marino)
- Community Impact Award – Kootenay Savings Credit Union
- Customer Service Award – Ron Allibone & Darlene Abenante (Fair Realty)
- Professional Service Award – Elite Physiotherapy (Dave Abenante)
- Retail Award – Good Stuff (Ashley & Thomas Hodgson)
- Business of the Year – Bombshack Apparel