Trail & District Chamber of Commerce
Everything you need to know about the Trail & District Chamber of Commerce on one handy page.
In place for over a century, the Trail and District Chamber of Commerce is member focused and strives to engage the community through leadership, support and adaptability.
Executive Director: Audry Durham; 250-368-3144; [email protected]
President: Naomi McKimmie
When founded: 1900, as Trail Board of Trade
Number of members: 240
Annual membership cost: $50 to $3,830; most come in below $230.
Chamber website: trailchamber.bc.ca
Office contact: 250-368-3144 or 1-844-368-3144; [email protected]
Address: 200 - 1199 Bay Ave, Trail, BC V1R 4A4
Office hours: 9 - 5 Monday to Friday with extended hours in July and August.
- Business Excellence Awards
- Member appreciation wine and cheese in December
Key events sponsored by the chamber:
- Summer Markets on the Esplanade
Ongoing events for members:
- Chamber week in February: five-day speaker series called lunch-and-learn
- Monthly business-after-business networking gatherings for members and non-members
2017 Trail & District Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Award Winners
Dan Ashman heads up AM Ford, and was Trail's Business Person of the Year for 2017. - Dan Caverly photo
The Trail & District Chamber of Commerce holds its annual Business Excellence Awards gala in October. The 2017 award recipients are listed below.
- Business of the Year: Elite Physiotherapy
- Retail Award: Country Roads
- Professional Service Award: Elite Physiotherapy
- Community Impact Award: Midas Fab Lab
- Customer Service Award: The Red Pair Shoe Store
- Go Green Award: Earthy Organics
- Tourism Award: Trail Smoke Eaters
- Excellence Under 40 Award: Scott Emery (City Centre Chiropractic)
- Emerging Entrepreneur Award: Kenny White (Kenny White Contracting)
- Employer of the Year: Selkirk Security Services
- Business Person of the Year: Dan Ashman of AM Ford