Kimberley & District Chamber of Commerce
Everything you need to know about the Kimberley & District Chamber of Commerce on one handy page.
The Kimberley & District Chamber of Commerce takes a leadership role in promoting the development, growth and prosperity of businesses in the community. Through educational and social events, annual awards and community service, the chamber of commerce supports an inclusive, healthy and successful business community.
The board believes it is crucial to represent and have representation from all businesses in the community. It encourages an increase in the chamber’s membership numbers in order to increase the relevance and power of the chamber’s influence with municipal administration.
Kimberley & District Chamber of Commerce stats:
- Manager: Mike Guarnery
- President: Rachelle Langlois
- How many members: 131
- When established: 1923
- Cost of annual membership: $150+GST
Key annual events sponsored by the chamber:
- Kimberley & Region Business Expo
- Kimberley Business Excellence Awards
- Platzl Light Up for the holiday season
- Annual General Meeting
- Winter Market
- Canada Day celebrations
- JulyFest (parade, Kids Fest, Canadian Bocce Championships, concert)
- Golf Tournament
List of current business happenings and initiatives:
- Business-after-business networking, usually the third Thursday of each month
- Working with Imagine Kootenay to promote businesses investment
- Information sessions and workshops that focus on business practices, legislation affecting small and medium businesses, and best practices.
Kimberley & District Chamber of Commerce contact info
- Website: www.kimberleychamber.com
- Phone: 250-427-3666;
- Email: [email protected]
- Location: 253 Wallinger Ave., Kimberley, B.C.
- Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Kimberley Business Excellence Awards, 2017
Jill Bentley-Lobban was voted Entrepreneur of the Year for 2017. - Photo courtesy Jill Bentley-Lobban
The Kimberley Business Excellence Awards Gala was held on October 22, 2017.
- Home-based Business of the Year: Elizabeth Jorgensen, Piano Instruction
- Retail Business of the Year: Healing Hollow
- Creative Professional Service of the Year: Go Kimberley
- Stan Salikin Community Booster of the Year: Emily Smith
- Tradesperson/Construction Company of the Year: Vermette Roofing
- Food and Beverage of the Year: Overtime Beer
- Employee of the Year: George Wood, Home Hardware
- Environmental Business & Initiatives: Swag Hair Salon
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Centex Jill Bentley-Lobban
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Nicola Maria Herman
- Professional Services of the Year: Northstar Veterinary Clinic
- Youth Friendly Business of the Year: Spirit Rock Climbing Center
- Tourism Event/Business of the Year: Kimberley Medieval Festival
- Kimberley Business of the Year: Fruition Wellness (Allissa Keane)