Kimberley & District Chamber of Commerce
Everything you need to know about the Kimberley & District Chamber of Commerce on one handy page.
The Kimberley & District Chamber of Commerce takes a leadership role in promoting the development, growth and prosperity of businesses in the community. Through educational and social events, annual awards and community service, the chamber of commerce supports an inclusive, healthy and successful business community.
The board believes it is crucial to represent and have representation from all businesses in the community. It encourages an increase in the chamber’s membership numbers in order to increase the relevance and power of the chamber’s influence with municipal administration.
Kimberley & District Chamber of Commerce stats:
- Manager: none at present
- President: Rachelle Langlois
- How many members: 131
- When established: 1923
- Cost of annual membership: $150+GST
Key annual events sponsored by the chamber:
- Kimberley & Region Business Expo
- Kimberley Business Excellence Awards
- Platzl Light Up for the holiday season
- Annual General Meeting
- Winter Market
- Canada Day celebrations
- JulyFest (parade, Kids Fest, Canadian Bocce Championships, concert)
- Golf Tournament
List of current business happenings and initiatives:
- Business-after-business networking, usually the third Thursday of each month
- Working with Imagine Kootenay to promote businesses investment
- Information sessions and workshops that focus on business practices, legislation affecting small and medium businesses, and best practices.
Kimberley & District Chamber of Commerce contact info
- Website: www.kimberleychamber.com
- Phone: 250-427-3666;
- Email: [email protected]
- Location: 253 Wallinger Ave., Kimberley, B.C.
- Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Kimberley Business Excellence Awards, 2017
Jill Bentley-Lobban was voted Young Entrepreneur of the Year for 2018. - Photo courtesy Jill Bentley-Lobban
The Kimberley Business Excellence Awards Gala was held on October 19, 2018.
- Home-based Business of the Year: Mike Kurucz, Mortgage Architects
- Retail Business of the Year: Old Crow Emporium
- Best Marketing & Creative Initiative Professionals: Big Magic Design
- Youth Friendly Business Award: Spirit Rock Climbing Center
- Employer of the Year: Save-On-Foods
- Stan Salikin Community Booster of the Year: Michelle & Eric Forbes, Kimberley Medieval Festival
- Trades Business or Person of the Year: Tyee Custom Homes
- Food and Beverage Industry Excellence: The Old Bauernhaus
- Employee of the Year: Bev Anderson, Zen Mountain Float & Wellness
- Environmental Stewardship Excellence: Grow Tea & Elixir
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Brandi O'Neill, Paper & Cup
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Jill Bentley-Lobban
- Tourism Excellence Award: Karen Rempel, Rocky Mountain Event Planners
- Kimberley & District Chamber Member of the Year: Sprout Health Market - Chantel Delaney
- Kimberley Business of the Year: Creekside Physiotherapy