Fernie Chamber of Commerce
The Fernie Chamber of Commerce enhances the community's economic future.
The Fernie Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to supporting the economic future of Fernie and the quality of life for Fernie’s residents. Members are provided with access to benefits and services that foster business prosperity. There are two visitor information centres run by the chamber of commerce. One is located on the highway at 102 Highway 3, and the other is downtown at 492, 2nd Avenue. You can also visit the Fernie Chamber of Commerce on Facebook and Twitter (@ferniechamber).
- Patty Vadnais, executive director; 250-423-6868
Current president: Sheila Byers
When established: 1902 as Board of Trade
Membership fee: $190 - $530 depending on type of membership
Number of members and marketing partners: 250
Key events: Griz Days in March, Summer Socials and Marmers Markets on some summer Sundays and Wednesdays, Show & Shine in August, annual Business Excellence Awards in October.
Ongoing events for members: Coffee & Conversation, first Wednesday of the month, 8:30 to 9:15 a.m.; Business, Beer & Banter, third Wednesday of the month, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
2016 Chamber award winners
Every year the Fernie & District Chamber of Commerce recognizes the front runners among its citizens and businesses in a number of categories. The high achievers for 2016 are:
- Citizen of the Year, sponsored by City of Fernie – Laura Nelson
- Volunteer of the Year, sponsored by the Free Press – Karen Tse and Graeme Nunn
- Spirit of Fernie, sponsored by Best Western Plus Fernie Mountain Lodge – Outdoor Connections
- Community Tourism Achievement, sponsored by Tourism Fernie – Fernie RV Resort
- Outstanding Customer Service, sponsored by Rockies Law Corporation – Super 8 Fernie
- Business of the Year, sponsored by Majic, Purdy Law – Kettle Black Bartending
- Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by Community Futures East Kootenay – Marsha Churchill
- Team of the Year, sponsored by EK Employment – Mow and Snow – Landscape Team
- Employer of the Year, sponsored by College of the Rockies (a tie this year) – Ann’s Your Independent Grocer & Super 8 Fernie
- Fernie Business of the Year, sponsored by CanAus – Isosceles Business Systems
- People’s Choice Award, sponsored by Healing Hollow – Three Sister’s Day Spa
- Chamber Business Excellence, sponsored by Fernie Chamber of Commerce – Capasiti Consulting
- Community Leadership Award, sponsored by Finning Canada – Spa 901
- Chamber Legacy Award, sponsored by Fernie Chamber of Commerce – Evelyn Cutts