Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce—key people, events and award winners
Everything you need to know about the Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce on one handy page.
The Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce, home to the Visitor Information Centre, is located at 2279 Cranbrook Street North, in the city of Cranbrook, B.C. The office is staffed by David D. Hull, executive director; Laura Kennedy, office manager; Laura Haley, membership manager; Maureen Frank, special project manager; Alicia Leasak, office assistant.
The Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce is a member based business advocacy organization. With over 500 members the chamber of commerce is the business organization of choice in Cranbrook. As the voice of business, the chamber represents local businesses and advances the economy at the local, provincial, national and international level.
Cranbrook chamber stats:
- Executive Director: David D. Hull
- President: Chris Thom
- Members: 500
- Established: 1910
- Annual Membership: $220 - $785, depending on number of FTE employees
- Website: cranbrookchamber.com
Key events sponsored by the Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce
- Business Excellence Awards – Awards gala in April
- December Turkey Drive – Supports the Salvation Army and Cranbrook food bank
- Membership luncheons - Monthly except July and August
- Good Morning Cranbrook – Breakfast meetings with topic-specific presenters.
- Business After Hours networking events hosted by Chamber members: Network - Nosh - Sip
Current Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce award winners
Recipients of the Cranbrook chamber 2016 Business Excellence Awards:
- Business of Year 1-15 employees (sponsor: Downtown Business Association): Rocky Mountain Print Solutions
- Business of Year 16 plus employees (sponsor: St. Eugene Golf Resort and Casino): Rocky Mountain Diesel Ltd.
- New Business of the Year (sponsor: Community Futures East Kootenay): JJ Mechanical
- Business to Business Excellence sponsored by Koocanusa Publications: Genex Marketing
- Manufacturing and Production Excellence sponsored by Rocky Mountain Diesel Ltd.: Caliper Machine & Hydraulics Ltd.
- Professional Services Excellence sponsored by Columbia Basin Trust: Rella, Paolini & Rogers
- Hospitality & Tourism Excellence sponsored by College of the Rockies: Elizabeth Lake Lodge
- Retail Excellence sponsored by the Business Development Bank of Canada: The Paw Shop
- Non Profit Organization of Year sponsored by the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group: Cranbrook & District Community Foundation
- Young Entrepreneur of Year sponsored by New Dawn Developments Limited: Chase Thielen of Silverado Construction and KD Electric
- Business Person of the Year sponsored by the Banking Association of Cranbrook: Tristen Chernove, CEO Elevate Airports which manages the Rocky Mountain International Airport