Revelstoke’s Jamie Mayes now Imagine Kootenay interim program manager
Imagine Kootenay is a regional economic development partnership designed to raise the profile of the Kootenays.
Former executive director of the Revelstoke Chamber of Commerce, Jamie Mayes, has joined Nelson-based Imagine Kootenay initiative as interim program manager while Jessica Fairhart is on leave. Imagine Kootenay is program originated and managed by Community Futures Central Kootenay.
Imagine Kootenay is a regional economic development partnership dedicated to raising the profile of the Kootenays as a place to invest, work & live, informing investors about the regional business climate, supporting communities to be investor ready and showcasing specific investment and workforce opportunities
Here are some of responsibilities of the Imagine Kootenay program manager—working in partnership with 12 or more community partners from the East Kootenay, West Kootenay and Boundary Regions, activities within this position include:
- Successful delivery of the IK Program by facilitating the development of a Strategic Plan including providing recommendations related to marketing, communications, investor information and relations, new partner recruitment, and capacity building for partner communities as well as ensuring the ongoing implementation of that plan;
- Financial management – ensures IK funds are spent effectively to achieve the goals of IK as well as managing and reporting on IK budget;
- Relationship management – liaising closely with community partners, program partners and program funders and building new opportunities and program partnerships.
- Human resources – responsible for providing leadership and direction to IK staff and consultants
- Reporting – provides program and financial reporting to partners and regional communities.
Jamie Mayes came to Revelstoke from Venture Kamloops, which is the Economic Development arm of the City of Kamloops, where she was the organization’s business retention & expansion specialist.
Jamie Mayes’ Linkedin profile states that she was previously an event coordinator for the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce before taking the Venture Kamloops position in 2013. Jamie was the Executive Director of Revelstoke Chamber for the past 15 months and she holds a bachelor’s degree in Tourism Management from Kamloops’ Thompson Rivers University.
Jamie started her position with Imagine Kootenay in September 2017. She continues to reside in Revelstoke.