Canadian Rockies International Airport reports busy year in 2016
Krystal Wills, financial manager of the Canadian Rockies International Airport, presented an update on travel trends in 2016.
At a recent Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce luncheon Krystal Wills, financial manager of the Canadian Rockies International Airport (YXC) in Cranbrook, presented an update on travel trends in 2016. She also highlighted some of the anticipated projects up coming for 2017 at the airport.
In all aspects it was a busy year at YXC—here are some of the highlights from Krystal's report:
- 131,938 passengers
- 12,075 aircraft movements (takeoffs & landings, including scheduled commercial flights & general aviation)
- 55 countries travelled to/from YXC
- Top 6 countries travelled to/from: USA UK, Australia, Germany, Japan, Mexico
- $1,292,000 in Capital Spending ($1,027,052 funding from ACAP)
2017 Capital Projects (pending City of Cranbrook approval):
- $1,471,313 projected capital expenditures in 2017
- Several projects dependent on third party funding
- 13 projects total